Webinar: Migrants and HIV
About the webinar
In this webinar Marc van der Valk (HIV Monitoring Foundation, SHM) and Reina Foppen (Hiv Vereniging) will speak with four invited speakers – professionals working in the field of HIV healthcare as well as experienced experts with HIV– on the topic of migrants with HIV in the Netherlands.
The webinar will start with a short presentation on what latest SHM data can tell us about people with HIV from migrant populations in the Netherlands. These data will feed the group discussion.
Topics we aim to discuss include:
- Dutch legislation related to healthcare services for immigrants and refugees
- Access to healthcare facilities in the Netherlands
- Cultural diversity & language barriers
- Stigma and fear of disclosure
- What the data show versus what is observed in daily practice
Date and time: Thursday 9 February 2023, 19:30-20:30
Webinar registration is free of charge. The webinar will not be recorded, participation can be anonymous if so desired.
Note: this webinar will be hosted in English. For those who wish to join but do not understand English please reach out to us for recommend translation app(s). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- People with HIV
- People with HIV with migrant or refugee background
- Healthcare professionals, researchers, professionals in the field of HIV care and/or prevention
- Interested individuals
- Marc van der Valk, professor, medical specialist infectious diseases, Amsterdam UMC, site AMC, head of outpatient clinic HIV DC Klinieken, Amsterdam; board of HIV Monitoring Foundation (SHM)
- Reina Foppen, chair of Hiv Vereniging
- Ard van Sighem, senior researcher SHM
- Ronald Brands, social & legal advocacy officer Hiv Vereniging
- Mujuni Dickson, co-founder Stichting African Foundation Against AIDS based in the Netherlands
- Ymkje Stienstra, professor, infectious diseases specialist and clinical epidemiologist, University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG)
- Barbra, Positive Sister, ShivA