Submitting a proposal
Requests for using SHM cohort data must be submitted using the request for data application form: Request for data form (research proposal)
All proposals must be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional material to support your application, such as articles and publications, may also be attached in Word or PDF format.
Each proposal must include the following information:
- Details of the project leader and participants
- Description (including research questions, background, literature, and added value and implications of research)
- Design and plan.
Raw data will only be supplied to those groups that contribute to the supply of data from the 26 HIV treatment centres in the Netherlands and other established academic research groups. Others may only use the data in collaboration with SHM.
Review and decision
Following submission, the proposal will be reviewed by the HIV Monitoring Working Group. The Working Group may suggest modifications to the project prior to approval. Final approval will be given by SHM's director. If the research proposal is approved, the project leader will be notified and the project will be included under Research in Progress. If the research ends or is discontinued, SHM should be informed.
SHM expects the project leader to file a progress report at the beginning of each year, for inclusion in SHM’s annual report. Progress reports should include:
- Progress summary including background, methods, results and conclusions
- An overview of publications in peer reviewed journals or other printed publications resulting from the research project
- Abstracts of presentations, including authors, date and place of presentation.
SHM should be notified of any publications resulting from the research project once a publication has been accepted by a journal. Rules for acknowledging SHM and the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport can be found here. These publications will be added to SHM’s website under the Research section of the website.