How can I discontinue registration?

Once you enter care at a designated HIV treatment centre in the Netherlands, you will be registered in SHM’s database. This registration is needed to keep an accurate count of the number of HIV patients. If you do not want your data to be used for research, you can report this to your treating physician. You will then be signed out after registration and therefore no further data will be collected and your personal data from the registration form will be anonymised. Do you want to know more about your rights, go to How can I withdraw my consent and what other rights do I have?.