HIV in the Netherlands
HIV in the Netherlands: statistics for 2022
The latest statistics are derived from SHM’s 2022 HIV Monitoring Report and relate to those people registered in SHM’s database (scroll down for numbers registered in 2021). All figures from the Monitoring Report are as of 31 December 2021.
- The latest registration figures from our 2021 Annual Report (in Dutch) can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Find out what we mean with registration, newly-diagnosed, moment of infection and entry into care.
SHM database: number of registered people in 2021
Each year the latest registration figures are presented in our annual report. The table below gives an overview of the registration figures for 2021.
|Total ever registered up to 31 December 2021||30,282|
|Objection to further collection of clinical data||836|
|Registered & with further collection of clinical data, of whom||29,446|
|Newly-registered in 2021||783|
Other useful information can be found in the following tables taken from the latest annual report:
- Total number of HIV-positive individuals registered by SHM as of 31 December 2021, according to most recent HIV treatment centres (in Dutch)
- Total number of people who were first registered by SHM in 2021, according to HIV treatment centre (in Dutch)
- Stichting hiv monitoring, Monitoring Report 2021
- Stichting hiv monitoring, Annual Report 2020