Board, business units and support
The SHM organisation is built up including:
- prof. Marc van der Valk
- drs. Sima Zaheri
They are jointly responsible for the day-to-day management of SHM; the board is accountable of the Supervisory Board.
Management team - members
- prof. Marc van der Valk, board
- drs. Sima Zaheri, board
- dr. Ard van Sighem, senior researcher SHM
- drs. Sacha Boucherie, communications manager SHM
Management team - advisors
- Inge Bartels, HR manager SHM
- Annemieke Feijt, Data protection officer SHM
- Robert Paul Geerling, controller SHM
The management team supports the board in day-to-day management, sets strategic objectives and policy in joint consultation, and is responsible for implementation and results.
Business units and support
- Data Unit: This unit is responsible for patient registration, data collection, quality control, protocol management, and data management.
- Data analysis, reporting & research Unit: This unit is responsible for implementing the HIV monitoring programme.
- Communications: The communications team actively disseminates information about the HIV epidemic in the Netherlands and provides information about SHM’s activities through a wide variety of communication channels.
- Support: The primary activities of SHM’s management team are supported by the human resources,
office and finance staff.