Management, business units and support
SHM's organisation consists of:
- Director (Prof. Peter Reiss)
The director is responsible for day-to-day operations and is primarily responsible for representing the organisation externally.
Biography: Prof. Reiss
- Deputy director (Sima Zaheri)
Acting on behalf of the director, the deputy director oversees:
• policy implementation within the Data Unit, HR and finance,
• company and data security,
• various essential processes, such as accommodation and office automation.
Biography: Sima Zaheri
- Management team
The MT establishes SHM’s strategic objectives by common agreement and is responsible for the day-to-day implemention of this strategy.
SHM's management team
- Data Unit: This unit is responsible for patient registration, data collection, quality control, protocol management, and data management.
- Data analysis, reporting & research Unit: This unit is responsible for implementing the HIV monitoring programme.
- Communications: The communications team actively disseminates information about the HIV epidemic in the Netherlands and provides information about SHM’s activities through a wide variety of communication channels.
- Support: The primary activities of SHM’s management team are supported by the human resources,
office and finance staff.